ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD, The University of Queensland
- MSc, University of London
- MA, The University of Lancaster
- Hons Dip. (with credit), Lingnan College
- 12 years in Shue Yan
- Development studies
- Family studies
- COMP 101 Introduction to Information Technology
- ECON 100 Introduction to Economics
- ECON 345 Economics of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- ECON 346 Issues in Development Economics
- ECON 423 Trade, FDI and International Technology Transfer in China
- ECON 445 Comparative Economic Systems
- FIN 245 Introduction to Corporation Finance
- Ip, FK David & Lam, Cheung Richard 2015. ‘Entrepreneurship: A Case Study of Hong Kong Maxim’s Group.’ (eds) in Tony Yu Fu Lai & Yan Ho-Dang. Handbook of East Asian Entrepreneurship: Concepts and Cases, pp.414-426.
- Poon, C.C. & Lam, Cheung Richard 2014. ‘Reducing the World’s Income Inequality’, (eds) in Tony Yu Fu Lai, et. al. International Economic Development: Leading Issues and Challenges. Hong Kong: Routledge. pp 205-218.
- Lam, Cheung Richard, 2013. ‘Export and Growth: A Linkage Effect Perspective’. International Journal of Development Issues. Vol. 12, No.1, pp. 53-66.
- Lam, Cheung Richard. “Intergenerational Caregiving of the Hong Kong Sandwich Generation: A Dynamic Family Life Perspective” 2012, ed. in Tony L.Y. Yu, S.K. Lee and W.K. Yuen, Economy and Society in Mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Hong Kong: Ovis Press.
- Lam, Cheung Richard. ‘A Study of the Caregiving Role of the Sandwich Generation in Hong Kong’. (ed) in Isabella Paoletti, Family Caregiving to Older Disabled People: Relational and Institutional Issues. New York: Nova Science Publisher, pp 63-83, 2007.
- Kwok, H.K.& Lam, Cheung Richard. ‘Gender Differences in Cross-border Work in China: Some Consequences for Family Health’. Women’s Health & Urban Life: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal. Volume VI, Issue 2, December, pp 36 – 57. 2007.
- Lam, Cheung Richard. ‘Contradiction between Traditional Chinese Values and the Actual Performance: a Study of the Caregiving Roles of the Modern Sandwich Generation in Hong Kong’. Journal of Comparative Family Studies. Volume 37, 2, pp 299-313. 2006.
- Lam, Cheung Richard and H.K. Kwok . ‘Global Supplier without Global Brand-name: A Case Study of Hong Kong’s Electronics Industry’ Asian Journal of Social Science. Volume 32, 3, pp 476-500. 2004.
- Lam, Cheung Richard and H.K. Kwok, ‘Economic Development and Structural Setting: Hong Kong Electronics Industry’. Journal of Contemporary Asia, Vol. 31, 4, pp. 466-490, 2001.
- Lam, Cheung Richard, ‘Contradictions in Export: The Absence of Global Brand Name Products in Hong Kong’s Electronics Industry’, TASA 2000 Conference Paper Collection, 2000.
- Lam, Cheung Richard and Kwok, Hong Kin, “Export as Development Strategy: Hong Kong Electronics Industry’s Lesson for Zhuhai”, Conference of China & Zhuhai in the Globalisation of the World Economy, pp. 193-200, 1998.
- Lam, Cheung Richard and Kwok, Hong Kin, “East Asian Economic Development: a Demand Side Analysis”, The Third South China International Business Symposium, Macau: the University of Macau, Proceeding Vol. 1, pp. 1-12, 1998.
- Lam, Cheung Richard, “Confucianism & Economic Growth in East Asia”, Proceedings of the Tenth International Symposium on Asian Studies, Hong Kong: Asian Research Service, Vol. III, pp. 791-805, 1988.
- Kwok, H.K. and Lam, Cheung Richard, A Survey of Voting Behaviour in District Board Election (in Chinese), Hong Kong: Caritas Community Centre, Chai Wan, 1988.
CONFERENCE PAPER PRESENTED
- Presented a paper entitled “The Relationship between Family Harmonious and Children’s Study Motivation: A case of Hong Kong Secondary School Students” in Conference on Family Harmonious and Social Development, in China. Nov 8 -11, 2007.
- Presented two papers entitled “Gender Role Division of Labor in Elderly Caregiving in Hong Kong: a Caregiver’s and Carereceiver’s Perspective.” And “Gender Differences in Response to Cross-border Work in China: Its Consequence towards a Healthy Family.” In International Sociological Association, Research Committee on Family Studies Health in Families, Healthy Families: Gendered Exploration. Toronto, Canada May 8 – 11, 2007.
- 2006 XVI ISA World Congress of Sociology, Durban, South Africa. Paper title: “The Difficulties Encountered by the Hong Kong Sandwich Generation in their Caregiving Performance”.
- Invited and fully subsidized presented paper: Annual EADN Conference 2004 in Bangkok (Fully Funded by EADN). EADN Working Paper No. 21, 2004.
- 2002 XVth ISA World Congress of Sociology, Brisbane, Australia. Paper title: “Contradiction between a Traditional Chinese Value and its Actual Performance: A Study of the Caregiving Role of the Modern Sandwich Generation in Hong Kong”.
- 2000 The Australian Sociological Association, Adelaide, Australia. Paper title: “Contradictions in Export: the Absence of Global Brand Name Products in Hong Kong’s Electronics Industry”.
- 1998, Conference of China & Zhuhai in the Globalization of the World Economy. Paper title: “Export as Development Strategy: Hong Kong Electronics Industry’s Lesson for Zhuhai”.
- 1998. The Third South China International Business Symposium. Macau: University of Macau. Paper titled, “East Asian Economic Development: A Demand Side Analysis”.